Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Food Boxes

One way to save $$ on toys and enhance your child's play time is to take the packaging from cereal boxes, coffee containers, any type of food boxes. Just tape the ends shut and your kids can pretend to play shopping at the grocery store.

I love to enter sweepstakes. I've read posts that some people also reuse the cardboard in the packaging to create free postcards to send to sweepstakes. Some sweepstakes request a postcard of different sizes. Hint: Create a postcard from the packaging of the sponsor of a particular sweepstakes to show them that you purchase their products. I don't know if it will make a difference in judging but it sure couldn't hurt.

And of course, you can recycle cardboard and paper packaging as long as there isn't any food stuck on them. I am lucky that the company that collects my recycling accepts paper and cardboard. This has let me to consider the packaging of a product and will often times influence my buying decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment