Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fabric Scraps



Fabric scraps from leftover craft and sowing projects can really clutter a space. Unless you have everything super organized.



If you are looking to get rid of fabric, you can post a free ad in freecycle.org. You can donate them to a church, retirement home, or a charity collecting them for quilting. I give my sister-n-law a lot of fabrics because she is a quilter.



If the scraps are too small for using in future projects, I read in Martha Stewart magazine that you can throw natural-fiber fabrics like cotton and wool on the compost pile. Just cut in small pieces and mix them thoroughly into the pile. This was useful information to me. Now that I think about it, this makes sense. But before I read the article, it wouldn't have occurred to me which is why I thought it would be important to share with you.








No comments:

Post a Comment