Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reutilizing Sheet Metal



Okay, I can't take credit for this one. My dad made this for me to make painting floor molding easier and faster to paint. It saves time and $$ on paint tape. Even though he's pretty handy around the house, I was skeptical but you know what it worked. He cut a rectangle shape piece from sheet metal he had lef tover in his garage. I think it's over a foot long.



He used white electrical tape to tape the end I would be holding to prevent cutting my hands. I tilted the sheet metal at a sharp angle then painted the molding on top. I had to hold it pretty tight against the bottom of the molding and I didn't get any paint on my carpet. Then you can flip over and paint the top of the molding and no white paint got on the wall either.


Genius. Thanks dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment