Saturday, September 3, 2011

Another use for junk mail




Here's another use for the junk mail. Sometimes, companies include a blank envelope in their mailings. I keep them in a folder to use when I begin to harvest my veggies. I had a good harvest this year with all the rain we had.


When I dry the seeds, I store them in these envelopes and tape it shut. The envelopes get stored in a drawer in my dining room where temps are consistent.


Yesterday, I just dried some cantelope seeds and seeds from an enormous cucumber that my neighbor dropped off. We'll see if I can grow them next year.

2 comments:

  1. you should be able to grow plants from the seeds as long as they aren't geneticly modified.
    In other words organic seeds work best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. And thank you for adding that. I forgot to mention it.

    ReplyDelete