Saturday, September 10, 2011

Etsy Shop Owner Uses Found Objects to Make Jewelry


Queenginya's store owner began making jewelry from everyday things she found since she was 4 years old.


"What got me interested in opening a shop was buying a giant box of found objects at an estate sale and making all kinds of things for my exchange students. Weird pieces made with spent gun shell casings, buttons, pencil ends, old whistles, crazy stuff...and they loved it."

"As odd as it sounds I let the item 'tell' me what it wants to be. Some things I may have bought years ago and still am waiting for the vision...I bought a baggie of old clip sunglass lenses years ago because the edge was decorative metal. I finally made them into pins and necklaces. You just never know."

The items in Queenginya's store range from buttons, root beer tops, beads from curtains and lampshades, zippers and more. She is inspired more by the items that she finds in garage sales, estate sales and flea markets than things could can find in craft stores. Its the hunt in finding unique items and the challenge of finding a new use that really gets the creativity flowing for this jewelry artist. If you would like to see more items, click on http://www.etsy.com/people/queenginya.

No comments:

Post a Comment