Monday, January 30, 2012

Easy bathroom upgrade

I found this beautiful glass decanter at Goodwill a few weeks ago and I decided it would make an elegant addition to my bathroom. I'm always on the lookout of finding pretty containers to hold my toiletries. This decanter is perfect for holding my mouthwash and it only cost me $1.99. Not bad for an upgrade.

If getting second hand containers make you cringe...I tried to put it in my dishwasher but the shape of the decanter made it difficult to get the corners clean.

I created a solution of Chlorox and water then filled it to the top. I let the solution sit in the decanter for a day before rinsing it out. I also made sure that the topper didn't have cork. It should be either glass or plastic because cork is porous which would be difficult to clean thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. That is an easy bathroom upgrade...Nice little find for being second hand :)

    ReplyDelete