Sunday, January 15, 2012

Size does matter

Last year, my goal was to only throw away one bag of garbage for the whole week. One way I was able to accomplish this was to make recycling very easy for me, a busy mom of two small children.

I used to go to Weight Watchers and I learned that if I eat my meals on a small plate, I could control my portion size and still feel full because visually, my portion "looked" bigger than it really was.

I applied the same principle to recycling. The bigger bin holds my recyclable materials and the smaller bin is the garbage. I also have bins in my bathrooms for garbage and recycling. Once a week, I empty them. The volume of what I recycled as opposed to what I throw away is enormous.

Make recycling easy for yourself. Keep your receptacles in places that makes sense for you to use them upstairs and downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment