Monday, February 28, 2011

Storing Used Bags for Repurposing



Plastic bags and packages I want to reuse have a way of cluttering a space. I have found some useful storage containers that can be hidden away and keep the clutter to a minimum.

This is a photo of the one I use. It's under my kitchen sink, attached to the inside of the cabinet door. I bought one for my parents from Bed, Bath, and Beyond to hang on their garage wall. I noticed the pile that was cluttering the doorway which is why I chose that one for them. I gave it to them for Christmas.

You might be thinking, why I haven't been able to convert them into using cloth bags like me. All I can say is that I have learned that you can't force people to do the right thing. I have taken the great Mahatma Ghandi's words to heart, "be the change you want to see in the world." I can only lead by example and step in to make a difference even if it's a small one when I can.

So when I visit once a week, I collect the plastic bags and put them in with my cloth ones. So the next time I go grocery shopping, I put them in the plastic bag recycling bin. Weis/Kings and Giant have these receptacles for plastic bags. Do you know of any other stores in your area that have a similar program? Feel free to post a comment if you want to add to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment