Thursday, February 2, 2012

Eco Gift Wrap


As I mentioned before Valentine's Day is coming and there's always birthdays throughout the year. Mother's Day and Father's Day will be here before you know it. Put the fun back in gift wrap.
I found this great article that gives options for wrapping gifts that are eco-friendly and frugal too. http://world.edu/worldedu_posts/8-ecofriendly-gift-wrapping-ideas/ One idea that stood out for me is to use paper shopping bags as the base of the gift wrap and adorn it with newspaper or the comics.
Wrapping gifts with the comics appeals to older boys and men, who can be challenging to shop for not to mention, difficult to find wrapping paper for. When I mentioned this, my husband actually recalled a gift he got wrapped in the Sunday comics and said he thought it was great.
If you have map brochures or old maps not being used for anything useful, they make great wrapping paper too. Be creative...have fun with it.

1 comment: