Monday, March 19, 2012

Give your prom dress another whirl



Spring cleaning is just around the corner and I'm sure there's a cocktail dress or a gown that you haven't worn in ages. I had a beautiful red gown that I wore for one event and it's been in my closet for 12 years. After coming to terms with the fact that I won't be able to fit into it, I was ready to let go.

Someone at work was doing a similar prom dress drive and I donated my dress because it happened to be a convenient location for me. My dress had a classic cut so it's still fashionable.

Wgirls.org is located in quite a few major cities so if you are in need to purge your closet, you can contact your local chapter. They will take dresses, clutches and purses which will go to underpriviledged girls who are attending their prom. Proceeds also fund anti-human-trafficking efforts.

You can go to http://www.wgirls.org if you are interested in donating a dress. I must say that after I dropped off my gown, I was surprised to feel a rush of happiness because I knew it would make a young lady's night be extra special instead of being hidden away in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment